Search This Blog

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Kylee's 9 Patch Quilted

FYI Quilters:  I am giving a free pattern (my original designs) to anyone who brings me a quilt top to be quilted.  This offer is good through end of year.

Finished the quilting on Ky's 9 patch. Looking good!

Was going to hand sew the binding for her, but thought maybe I would wait for her this weekend and show her how to do, if I think she can handle it I will let her do her own hand sewing.  She needs to learn sometime, and now's as good a time as any.



I did a small meandering, there was always a chance of puckering or seams opening as some of her seams were pretty close to the side and even though we thought we corrected them, there was that chance that one or 2 got missed..  Good thing I did, there were 2 seams that opened and I had to patch and sew tightly to fix. Also a couple of blocks were puckery, so I quilted them down. All in all she did a fantastic job on a very advanced quilt.

Today I took my small sewing machine into repair again.  It started to act up again after I made the quilt bag.  I was told its possible my machine cant handle the bulk.  So now I'm thinking of buying another machine, one that will handle as much as 8 layers of denim.  Will keep my Singer for Ky to use and I will use the new one. 

Tomorrow I am going to Clinton Twin Turtle Quilts to meet with the owner and discuss my patterns.  Taking several tops and patterns with me.

Ready to quilt the newest pattern Floating Stars, but will have to wait until my meeting tomorrow. Taking for show and tell with me tomorrow.

No comments: