Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

Getting It Right

Still playing around with color positioning for the fall Merry Go Round Quilt.  Solution finally came to me. I made several blocks and put them up first, from there I decide which color comes next make that block put it up and proceed from there.  It takes longer than just make block after block after block in various colors, but then I would  have to figure out where it goes and doesn't meet up with a like color or fabric pattern.

3 More blocks and its ready to be put together. Believe me it looks busy as heck right now, but once everything is sewn together the pattern will form and will look so much better.

I have hopes of working on this and getting it together this weekend, but if not, I can save it for our sew play day next Thursday.   I will have to mark and number the rows so I don't mess it all up again. Looking forward to meeting up with all the girls for our sew day. 

Tomorrow is Sewing with Kylee Saturday.  I think I will let her work on her tote bags, and I'm going to quilt Stepping Stones.  Need to finish the hand sewing on Ky's 9patch and Floating Stars needs its binding. Quilt Ky's sisters wall hanging.  So many projects going on all at the same time.  I am usually much more organized, but I have commitments and deadlines to meet.

One more project that has to be done by next Friday.  I promised Nettie a tshirt quilt from start to finish.  Priorities, priorities.  Make a list and check it twice and maybe it will all fall into place. One thing for sure, going to be spending a lot more time in sewing room than 3 or 4 hours.  Looks like I'm going to be putting in 8, 10 hour days for a few weeks.

Tonight is a good night for hand sewing.

No comments: