Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Playing all day

Up early to play with my new sewing machine:

Not too fancy just right for me.  Had to get up early, Ky stayed overnight and I knew she would want to get busy with my new machine.  So while she slept in I went through piles of stash and pulled all fall colors to work with



Sewn a few blocks together, but haven't put anything into rows yet.  Still working out the color scheme.  I'm thinking I have to pull the burgundy out.  I love the color, but I think it is just wrong with the other colors.

Met with new quilt shop owner yesterday.  Twin Turtle Quilts in Clinton WI. This is going to be a very nice shop.  She is going to sell some of my patterns through her shop, and in hopes of doing some workshops through her shop as well.  I look forward to working with her. She is having a grand opening end of this month and I plan on attending sometime that weekend.

Still have much to do before the October 22nd Edgerton Quilt show.  I will have my annual booth at the show, entering Forever Diamonds in the show.  Also, doing a half hour demonstration in the morning of the show.  This year, I am giving a free quilt pattern  (one of my original designs) to each person that brings me a quilt top to be quilted.    This offer will be good through the end of this year.

Ky managed to get herself up, took a shower and then she came and played in the sewing room.  She has found fabrics for 3 tote bags, and fabrics to start yet another quilt.

I tried showing her how to hand sew the binding on her 9 patch, but this was very difficult for her and frustrated quickly.  I will sew this on for her this time, and the next one I will show her how to do a machine binding with fancy stitch.  She likes this idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new machine! I'm interested to hear about the new quilt shop - gonna have to check that out.