Thursday, July 1, 2010
Customer quilt inspired
I was extremely frustrated doing this quilt. My quilting machine decided to act up on me. Continually breaking threads and messing up the tension. I feel like I almost hand quilted this one, it took so long. Had to check each and every stitch to make sure machine wasn't making a mess of it. Normally could have done this in about 5hrs. This took 16 because of all the problem. I called my service people to come and check it out, but getting them to answer my calls is like pulling hens teeth.
I have had a problem in the past and it has been as long a week before I get any response. Most often I can fix any minor tension, and thread problems, but this one has me stumped. Most quilters know what I'm talking about. When the machine runs smoothly, quilting is a breeze and fun. But when your machine acts up, it can become an absolute nightmare.
Well at least I got it done, and I checked front and back, and its perfect. Turned out just the way I wanted it to.
Better luck next time, by then should have all problems resolved. I sure hope so.