Search This Blog

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Customer quilt inspired

Here is a new quilt I finished today for a customer.  The borders stitching is "Spiral Petals" a design I was inspired by Leah Day blog free motion fillers. The remainder I did with a mix of small to medium meandering.  Customer did not want any customizing, just something simple, but I just had to try out this spiral petals on the border. It turned out great and I will be using this design again.  Maybe I will be able to do an entire quilt using the Spiral Petals, depending on the quilt of course.

I was extremely frustrated doing this quilt.  My quilting machine decided to act up on me.  Continually breaking threads and messing up the tension.  I feel like I almost hand quilted this one, it took so long.  Had to check each and every stitch to make sure machine wasn't making a mess of it.  Normally could have done this in about 5hrs.  This took 16 because of all the problem.  I called my service people to come and check it out, but getting them to answer my calls is like pulling hens teeth. 

I have had a problem in the past and it has been as long a  week before I get any response.  Most often I can fix any minor tension, and thread problems, but this one has me stumped.  Most quilters know what I'm talking about.  When the machine runs smoothly, quilting is a breeze and fun.  But when your machine acts up, it can become an absolute nightmare.

Well at least I got it done, and I checked front and back, and its perfect. Turned out just the way I wanted it to.

Wouldn't you know this had to happen on a customer quilt, not one of my own personal quilts.

Better luck next time, by then should have all problems resolved.  I sure hope so.

No comments: