Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

Just A Peek


Must of thought of this while I was sleeping, because soon as I woke this morning, around 5am I knew exactly what I was going to do with some of the material I showed you the other day.

I do that every once in a while. Cant come up with anything while I'm up, but when I wait a few days or sleep on it, I usually come up with a good idea.

Does this mean I think better sleeping rather than awake.  Its possible.  I have found I have some of my best ideas early morning, and then I cant wait to get out of bed and start right in.  This usually results in a 5 am wake up and then early to bed.

Anyway, this quilt is going to beautiful.  Lucky for me I had extra printed damask white and green in my stash.

When I first started quilting so many years ago, I never realized how quilters could have so much extra material sitting around.  I thought, buy what you need and that's it.  It didn't take me long to figure out how the extra comes in.   Between over buying and the little bits left over that you just cant throw away, and of course the extra material that comes from backing, it soon ads up.  Oh and then there's material that people just give you, because they have had it forever and don't know what to do with it.  I can always find a use for it, not to mention the many trips to quilt stores, near and dear, and those that you run across in traveling, you never know when you find material that you just have to have, even though you don't have a particular pattern in mind. 

Like I said, it doesn't take long to build up a stash, and thank goodness for my stash.

No comments: