Search This Blog

Monday, June 21, 2010

Trying new things

Today I finished the sewing of the quilt commissioned by a customer.

Awaiting backing and batting from customer for the 2 quilts, so I can do the quilting. Looking forward to doing both of them.

While I was in my sewing room, I decided to try some free motion design practicing.  I checked Leah Day blog and found a few that will work on the long arm machine.  Thanks to her I feel confident enough to try new designs on customer quilts.  I have even tried a few of my own designs that I'm sure will look nice on many quilts.  Its so nice to break free and spread out from the same old stippling, stenciling and panto grams.  

Really getting excited about trying new designs. Unfortunately, the 2 quilts I have to do, just don't call for a lot of detail, customer requested meandering for both, but I'm going to try to see if I could do some free motion on the borders.  She is a good customer and usually lets me do special designs to her quilts, if I feel they call for it.  Lets hope she brings me the backing, batting soon.

Looks like the rest of the day will be the usual Susie Homemaker day. Cleaning and maybe baking.  At least I got some quilting in this morning.

No comments: