Search This Blog

Friday, July 20, 2012

Me And My Big Ideas

Brainstorm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched a You Tube Missouri Quilts on how to make simple Dresden plate quilt blocks.

Need to purchase the ruler to make the pieces.

My mind working overtime, as usual.  Years ago I purchased a large tumbler template and made one quilt with it, so my brainstorm, make a Large Dresden Plate.


.What do you think of this???? - the center is 24" across using Christmas fabrics - this will be a table topper, once I figure out how to make the center circle and what fabric to use for the center.  This took all of 2 hours to make including the time it took to find the fabrics in my stash.

It will probably take longer to make the circle than it did to cut and sew these pieces together.

In addition to making this early morning project, I also quilted another Tshirt quilt for customer.


Rather than just do the simple large meandering all over I decided to add interest to the borders and sashings with loops, loop d loops and medium meandering.

Have already picked up Ky for the day and she is busy sewing her rows together, she will, hopefully finish her top today.

With so many interruptions ,she hasn't been able to stick to sewing.  She has this one to do and she also wants to work on yet another one before the quilt show in October.

No comments: