Search This Blog

Friday, December 27, 2013

A New Block and Quilt In The Making

The other day I came up with a new block and totally different way to make it.

I'm now in the process of making a lap quilt from this new block.  Here is the progress so far.

18 of 30 blocks completed in last couple of days.

Thinking of calling this Dosey Doe or  Pinwheels Revealed - what do you think????

The entire time I'm working on this I'm reflecting the last year and even more so the last few weeks.

It has been a very difficult time, as I'm sure you could imagine.

The holidays are so depressing at times and joyous at others.  I will be glad when all of the holidays are done for a while.  Love being with my family, but there is always that reminder that someone is missing.

Stacy and Toby have been a great help to me, but then there are times that I'm just alone and have too much time on my hands and my mind.  So I try to keep busy, but a person can not sew 24/7 even though sometimes if feels like I do.

If I didn't have my sewing you would find me in a loony bin within a few days.

Tomorrow is our "family" Christmas with our kids and grand kids.  I am looking forward to that, but also looking forward to it being over.

Done sewing for the day and now Im going to make my "FAMOUS" Tom and Jerry Mix for tomorrow.

A Christmas favorite with my family and the recipe was handed down to me by my mom.  It was a secret recipe for years.

When Mom and step dad Rollie, owned The Roost Tavern, she would serve Tom and Jerry's with this recipe and would never ever tell anyone how to make it.  It took 10 years after the sale of the tavern before she finally gave it to me.  Under an oath of secrecy.  LOL I have since passed it on to a very few people, mostly my kids, and also with an oath of secrecy.

It is beyond any T & J mix you can purchase - believe me - there is no comparison.





No comments: