Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Free Printable Quilt Labels

Free Printable Quilt Labels


Do you label each quilt? I have been asked this question 2 x in the past week.

I am so guilty of NOT doing this, and it has been pointed out to me "how will some one know in the way way future who made the quilt and how old it is".

Good point. I tried remembering all the quilts I have made and given away. Very difficult, I keep counting and recounting, and come up with a different number because I forget one or two and have to restart.

When I first started quilting, I didn't take pictures, (stupid me) and cant remember what year it was made. In my haste to present the quilt to the person it was made for, I just didn't take the little extra time to make a label.

Went on line and found the Free printable Quilt Labels. Maybe I will give that a try.

You can also make your own labels, any size and any style. I think labels would be awesome if they were embroidered, rather than using the fabric pen and handwriting. It all depends on how much time and creativity you want to put into a label.

I have good intentions, starting with my next give away quilt, to put on a label. Let's see if I follow through.

1 comment:

Miss Hillbilly said...

I am horrible bad about not labelling either.