Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gem Stones By Vicki

Got my machine fixed Monday.  Thank goodness, tech is still in Janesville, just have to call a "service" number and they relay information on to him.


Vicki Oaks, one of my best customers has taken one of my patterns, and changed the position of the squares and has come up with a new "pattern" we are calling Gem Stones.


I know there are more quilt patterns to be discovered from my original Lazy Hour Glass block, just haven't had the time to work on them.



She added a "pillow tuck" to this quilt.  Awesome!!!!!!!!!





I used 3 different stitching designs:  Simple meandering on borders and pillow tuck.  On each square I did a Heart Medallion and in the open point areas I used small loops.

Quilt size is 97x97

She did a fantastic job on this quilt and I think her plans are to enter this in some quilt shows before the year is over.

She has me inspired to start playing with the pattern again to see what other patterns can be made.   I know of at least 2 more variations that I plan on working on soon.

How interesting 4 different patterns (so far) from my first original block pattern and cutting technique.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice gemstones. If you want to purchase bulk gemstones, then you can go with this online b2b india marketplace.