Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

My New Baby

Yes I feel like I am giving birth (with out the pain of delivery) but with all the excitement of seeing a newly arrived baby.  Now I know a quilt cant REALLY compare to the birth of a child, however, creating this new design has been a very rewarding experience. 

The new "Lazy Hour Glass" quilt is almost complete.  I am sooooo excited and can't wait to get her finished and quilted.

Managed to find enough reds/whites/tans and browns from my stash to complete the blocks needed.  Went to Loose Threads today, to find the fabrics for the borders.  Mary Kay was most helpful finding the right color choices to blend with my colors used from my stash.  She also gave me a suggestion for the borders.  Slightly different than my original idea, and as it turns out, has given the quilt an even better look.  I was very pleased to hear her positive comments on the quilt design.


Tomorrow, after finishing the borders, comes the next step. Writing out and typing the pattern instructions.  This won't be as much fun as it was creating the quilt, or maybe it will.  My plan is to market the pattern.

No comments: