Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September Birthday Block

There was only one birthday girl in September and No birthday girls in August.

She has received her blocks so its now safe to show them.

Virginia Mazelin - TX  the left made up the right is called Lovers Knot




Finally finally feeling almost like my old self.

With family reunion coming this weekend, there is much to do and I will be able to do all the things I plan on doing with the help of some family members all will be ready for guests, entertaining, food and fun.

Yesterday was a long and busy day.  No sewing included in that but one huge purchase, a new mattress, which is long overdue.  17 years - that's how old the other one was - cant believe it was that long.  One of those sleep my numbers air bed - that I never ever got used to - we saved the "blow up pads" and compressor and remote just in case someone wants to spend the night we can blow them up and put them on the floor.


I'm not commenting yet on the new bed, good or bad??still have to get used to it.  A Memory Foam, Wayne and I both did not sleep all night long kept waking up off and on, but its like sleeping in someone else's bed, you just have to get used to it.  It was comfy but the jury is still out especially on the foam pillow I bought.  In the middle of the night I found the old lumpy pillow  I had and switched up.  Wayne will try the new pillow tonight and see how he likes it;  I'm thinking I need to rethink the pillow but the bed I'm sure will be fine.

I must have gotten enough sleep though, because I went back into my old routine, headed to the sewing room and made 2 more blocks for the October birthday girls.  There are 4 birthday girls in October.

Next on my list of to do's get dressed and work in yard for a while.

I'm feeling pretty darn good today.




No comments: