Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Double Irish Chain

Using scraps given to her and some of her own Teri came up with another beautiful quilt.

I hope she likes the way I quilted it for you.  I wanted to give it that "old" quilt look.  With all over feathers, a stenciled border, and double feathers.

This took 3 days to do.  1 because of the detailing and 2 I just don't have the stamina I used to but its coming back slowly.  Each day seems a little better.




This morning I slept until after 9, and I needed it  The night before I didn't get more than 2 hours consecutive sleep.  Don't know why but woke up every hour on the hour starting from 12am on.

Makes for a long long day, but managed to get a lot accomplished, including working on this quilt.

Tomorrow I have a new customer coming with 2 quilts.  They are simple quilts and wont require the detailing done on this quilt.

Sometimes it pays to eves drop.  While in Joanns the other day I overheard a lady ask another if she knew of a quilter.  I walked over to her and handed her my card, then proceeded to help her pick out backing for her 2 quilts.

You just have to be in the right spot at the right time!!!!

No comments: