Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Something New


Went to "Gathering Friends Quilt Guild" meeting last night.    Missed June meeting so needed to get caught up on what's happening.

Guild is trying to decide on a block for our logo and asked if anyone had ideas.  I didn't, but when I got home it got me thinking about another new block that has been popping in and out of my head.

This morning I decided to give it a try to see if I could make it work.  The first one is 9.5" square the second was my first attempt and its too small only a 7" square, and because I wasn't being too careful on seams, and the diagonal stretching, had to cut it down to square it up. That's what I get for rushing it.

I really don't think this is the "block/logo" guild is looking for, but I like it and think I'm gonna work on it for my own purpose and make a pattern for sale eventually.

When ever I make a new quilt, block design, I always want to make sure it is an original.  So I check several websites of 100's of existing blocks.  So far I have not found one like mine, so I guess I can say this is Mine!   No name yet - still thinking.


Edit:  several minutes later came up with name I like  Square Dancing

No comments: