Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Bloomers

The Challenge Quilt Is Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is the quilt that took 20 hours just for the blocks and then additional time putting it all together.

It took me another 15 hours to quilt.

Finished the hand sewing on binding yesterday and now mine is complete.
















I did mine a little different for sashing, I mitered scrap pieces to sew rows together.  Personally, I like to use the ends of fabrics from the Buggy Barn cuttings and use them in my sashings rather than one focus fabric.  But that's just me.  Waste not want not, right?

Customized stitching, each block done separately with circle center, swirls on petals, and loops surrounding bloomer.  Borders were done with swirl and points and loops for small borders and sashing.

For some unknown reason, my color choices lately have leaned toward purple.  I don't know why, because its really not one of my favorite colors.  Don't get me wrong, I like purple, but not normally my first choice in colors. It just seems lately, purple is the color called for in some of the patterns I am working with.

I have another bloomers to quilt for one of my customers, she brought it over last night.  Wait until you see that one.  Each person in the challenge is using different color choices and each quilt looks completely different because of that.

On August 6th, at Loose Threads Quilts Shop, all the BLOOMERS will be hung for display and Peoples Choice judging.  No names will appear on the quilts, people can vote for their favorite quilt without knowing the quilter.    After that these quilts will be hung as a group, at the October 22nd Edgerton Quilt show.

Now that the challenge is done for me, I have to decide what to do with this quilt.  Do I keep it or give it away.  And if I give it away, to who?????????

No comments: