Search This Blog

Monday, November 25, 2013

The Same But Not

I know you will think I'm repeating myself but I'm really not.

This is a quilt that I just finished for a customer - her SIL had done the same exact quilt and I had already quilted that and took pictures.

The difference is in the quilting, for Linda the first one I used a panto, for this one I did my free motion stars and loops.


Just wanted to clear that up so you wont think I have lost my mind completely only just a little.

Been keeping as busy as I can to keep my mind occupied and to try to get back into a routine, like I had before..

Now that all of the arrangements and services are over, the hard times will come, with realization of what my life will now be.

I'm not complaining mind you, but there is an adjustment to living alone that one never imagines until it happens.

The GOOD thing is I have  an  awesome support group with my kids, my brother and his wife and my friends.  Now is the time that one finds out who your friends are and who really cares.  I'm not saying just because I haven't heard from EVERYONE, they don't care,  I still know they are available and thinking of me.  If I heard from everyone I would be on the phone 24/7 and we all know that would be a little overdoing it.

At least once or twice a day I get a phone call from someone checking in with me and chatting.

This really helps, when I think of how quiet it can be here just hearing from them lets me know I'm not alone and never will be.

We talk about everyday things and plans for the future, fun stuff not sad stuff.  Sometimes we talk about the sad things and that helps too, but always end with laughing and love.

I manage to keep busy with my sewing and quilting, and when I'm not doing that I have plenty of errands I can run - so the busier I am the happier I am.

Today, because it snowed, I plan on going into the sewing room until roads clear if they do and then its errands to be run - if not today, tomorrow morning for the errands.  Weather permitting there is the monthly sew day at the Gathering Place in Milton where I get to spend some really good times with my quilting buddies.

I had better get into the sewing room and start something so I have something to work on at sew day.








No comments: