Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Licorice Allsorts

That is the name of the new scrappy quilt I'm working on.

I got the name from one of my friends on CT www.connectedthreadz.com   she said they are a licorice candy.

Wikepedia: Allsorts are produced by many companies around the world today, and are most popular in Britain, continental Europe, and North America[citation needed]. South African confectionery giant Beacon produces substantial quantities of the product, where it is both sold locally and exported to such countries as Australia, Canada and Portugal.

I had never heard of them before - here is a picture of them



Now here is a picture of the quilt I'm making:



Yummy candy and yummy quilt.  This must be finished by Saturday.

All the blocks are made and now being sewn into the rows using black sashing (like you cant see that) and corner sets.

A simple technique to make these scrap blocks, but a little tedious too.  Sewing a 1" black strip between each of the color strips and squares take a little bit of time.  Thankfully, no measurements required.  Just sew a large block and then trim with 6.5" ruler.

Wasn't sure I was going to get this done by Saturday, but I managed to finish all the blocks (42) this morning and put two rows together, so I guess I will make my deadline.


Just waiting for Gus to show up for the day



Here he is in his winter bear suit, which wont be fitting him much longer.



No comments: