Search This Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2011

No Sew Saturday

Well not much anyway.  The most I accomplished splicing together some batting.  Have so many large pieces, but not large enough, thought I would splice a few together to be used for no so special quilts. You know those that can be tossed around on floor watch TV by little ones, or sloppy, not too old hubby, or wall hangings. 

Necessary to put some of these together, my cupboard overflowed with small pieces falling out.

New customer came this afternoon, and I wanted to clean my sewing room, so she wouldn't run out the door screaming, "I'm not leaving my quilt in that mess"

After doing a really good clean job, Dee Dee, Kylee and I went to Clinton, Twin Turtle Quilts shop to see how her grand opening was going.  Kylee wanted to see her shop.

I, of course took more pictures, some of her pieces I had missed the other day:

I bought these Fast Patches to make a small wallhanging like this.





She had mine displayed very nicely.

Back to the house, to meet up with new customer.  She brought a very nice flannel patch, with appliqued Pine Tree, Moose, and Moon.  Of course I didn't have the right color for the tree, so Ky and I back in the car to find the right color, @ Life's A Stitch.  Didn't have exactly what I wanted, and yes I could have waited until Monday to go to At The Heart of Quilting in Beloit, where I can always find just the right color, but I decided, by the time and gas going to  Beloit, might just as well spend the extra money at LAS and get started tomorrow.  She would very much like to have this finished by Friday, no problem, if I get right on it tomorrow, should have done by Monday, even with the little bit of customizing I have to do.

Now comes to the boring part, WALMART, I hate shopping at that store, but sometimes its the only place I can get some of Wayne's supplements he needs at a reasonable prices.  NOT!  While there I thought might as well do my grocery shopping, instead of stopping yet again at Piggly Wiggly.  Again, NOT.  Checking prices in comparison to bargain shopping at Pig, believe me Walmart is a hugh rip off.  I had some items in my cart and finally after knowing the price difference, I told Ky to empty out most of it and off to Pig Weee go.

First to Walgreen's to pick up more items for Wayne, and I find his supplement on sale for less than Walmart price. UGGGGGHHHHHHH.  Finally finished the shopping at Pig, home to unload and cook the dang stuff.

Did I mention (pretty sure I have) I hate grocery shopping!!!!! Or any kind of shopping, with the exception, of course, fabric shopping.

No comments: