Ah Ha My Lap Top is fixed and I can now post pictures to the blog
Lets start with my latest finished quilt. The Binding Tool Star Quilt. I made the blocks at the MSQC retreat last week and within a few days of being home I had the top put together.
Last night I finished the quilting. Still practicing and improving my stitching I quilted it custom using a never before by me "curly feathers wreath" - I have been wanting to try this stitching but was always hesitant not knowing if I could pull it off or not. After all its my quilt and if I dont like it I could rip stitches out. Well let me tell you Im thrilled to the moon how well it turned out - why was I so afraid of trying?
the rest of the quilt was stitched in the ditch on the braids, stippling in the small center squares and a sort of clam echo separating the braids. This is a 65x65 wall hanging
Ok here is what I need - wishing me good luck! - I entered this quilt in the Madison Expo Sept 8-10 - its has to be approved before its accepted - so fingers crossed.
For years I have been encouraged by many people to submit a quilt to the expo, but I never really thought I was worthy. At long last I feel I can put some of my quilts/quilting up against other quilters.
Big Head!! no - just hoping they accept this - I also sent in entry for another quilt - my 33x33 Butter Cream
So now its wait and see if they are accepted.
Even if they are not accepted at least I finally convinced myself to give it a try.