Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

June Birthday Blocks

By now the girlz have received their blocks so its safe to share with you.


Deb Woods - Holts Summit, MO

Churn Dash

Baby Bud
Debra requested French General fabrics or similar to them - Many many years of quilting I had never heard of French General - so I went looking. Now I have another new love of fabric color line - these aren't French General, but the colors and designs are so similar they worked fine.

This just goes to show you there are hundreds maybe thousands of fabrics, designs yet to  be discovered and explored.

I'm doing my best to find as many as I can!!!

Cindy Cullen Evansville WI:

The one on the left is made up from the additional HST  - the one on right is Next Door Neighbor

The one on left looks very much like Amish Diamond other than I placed HST in each corner.

Its been a while since I made these and mailed them. Normally I send a copy of the pattern to the recipient and keep one for myself so I can use for future reference.

I thought no need to keep a copy........ I can remember an get the pattern anytime I want. Yeah if you have a good memory. I could not for the life of me remember these so I spent some time going to the "quilters cache website" where I go to get new blocks.

After searching over and over the hundreds of blocks I remembered I made up the one on the left.

Note to self : keep copy of block patterns and write down the ones you make up!!!!!



No comments: