Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Countdown Begins

This morning I finished another customer quilt - a Tshirt Quilt



Here is a tip for all of you quilters - be sure to purchase enough fabric for the backing - in this case she did buy what I told her I needed - but then she washed it and it shrunk so much  I was actually about an inch short to finish the quilt.




I'm counting the days until the hip replacement and so much to do before that happens.

I  have 2 customized quilts to do - and they will each take a min of 3 days each to finish. In between watching Gus and finishing yard work that needs to be done before I'm laid up from the surgery


After the pain I was dealing with last night I'm ready to get this over with - I certainly hope the recovery is quick and I can get back to a "normal" life.

Tonight is guild meeting and Im so looking forward to this one.  Its quilt challenge night and cant wait to see what everyone has come up with for the challenge.

Alice picked up her trapunto quilt and I think she will be bringing to show and tell tonight.  Hope so.

It did turn out awesome.

There are so many ways to make a quilt and so many techniques its such fun to be a quilter.  I get to see all of those amazing quilts before they make it to their new homes.


I was just telling one of my customers, when I was laid off from my job in 2009 I was so devastated, now I feel it was the best thing that ever happened to me.  If  I was still "working" there is no way I would be able to have this much fun and love my JOB as much as I do.

No comments: