Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What Have I Been Doing?'

Its been awhile since my last posting, but believe me I have been busy no just lazy.

Back to watching Gus 3 days a week, quilting for others and finally finally feeling better.

Had UT infection that turned into kidney infection, been fighting these infections since returning home from the hospital but alas drugs seem to have worked.

After quilting the last customer quilt I have been working on my own projects and managed to get all the borders on all of my UFO quilts, now to get them quilted.

Many many October birthday blocks were sent and received by the October CT girlz.

Teri  from NY


Karyl from NC
Lynne from Va

There was one more set for Hollie TX -but stupid me in my drug induced stupor forgot to take pictures   - too bad they were really nice and would love to have shown them to you.

After doing October blocks I also made 2 Tshirt quilts for a customer.

Quilt show was Saturday, Ky and I and Annette went together - this year I attended as a civilian, didn't set up a vendor booth and didn't help with the Edgerton Quilt Committee.  Just wasn't feeling up to all the hard work that goes with this, but I did enjoy going and seeing the show.


Here is Ky with her beautiful quilt

During the quilt show recd a call from a new customer she needed a quilt done in a rush rush rush, had to be shipped out of state and received no later than Sat for a wedding.

Dropped it off late Sunday afternoon and I had to piece the back, quilt and do machine binding on it Monday.

Up at 4:30 and finished all by 10:30 no breaks in between.


I really love this scrappy quilt it looks so country quilty - yes quilty a word known only by quilters.......
Using only medium meandering stitch I think it made it look even more quilty.

No comments: