Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Excitement Is Building

Drum roll please -  Next Monday 23 of us are heading out to meet up at "the Missouri Star Quilt Co"  Hamilton MO - for a quilters retreat.

Its a good thing I'm not taking my sewing machine - renting one of theirs - because......  this is what is packed so far without my clothes -  who needs clothes at a retreat?


In this fabric bag are my projects (2) that I will be working on -  the white bag is a surprise for the other quilters and the Plastic baggie - thanking my good friend Candy Schroeder for a portable ironing board.  Small enough to sit next to me at my sewing station.

Imagine 23 quilters trying to use ironing boards possibly limit of 2 or 3 boards.  So for the smaller pieces I will be using my own personal board.

The plans for this retreat started last year August.  At the time it seemed so far off in the future and now its almost here.

Preparations of contracts, what to bring, who is coming and a place to stay the night before have all been taken care of.

Its just a matter of traveling to MO on Monday -  lucky for me I have a friend who comes to house and dog sit while I'm away.  No worries about whats happening on the home front while gone.

I, of course, will be busy up to the second I drive out of my driveway.

Customers quilting, yard work, watching and getting as many hugs and kisses from Gus.

The good news Ive almost completed yard work including planting my flowers for this season - (I'm not delusional) I know there will be more yard work when I return but for now I can leave without a second thought of work to be done

One of my favorite new plantings this year - a fairy garden -  here are the new plants for this year - look away if looking at my yard and flowers bore you.  I seem to feel the need to show them each and every year.








There are more pics but that's all for now -  time to get some work done inside - a new customer is coming over this afternoon with a top to be quilted

Oh forgot to mention one of my stops today was to take my small "Butter Cream" quilt to a photographer.
I have been talked into entering one of my quilts in  the Quilt Expo in Madison this year - Sept -  Ive  thought about doing this  for a  long time, but never felt my work was good enough.  Well it hasn't been accepted yet, have to get the pictures back and fill out the entry form just to be considered.  But if it is accepted I will let you know.  So fingers crossed I get in!



No comments: