Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Springing Into Spring

You know how you get that feeling I just cant take it anymore (winter I mean)

Even if its snowing, like right now, my mind is thinking of spring and all it brings.

So in honor of spring I made myself a new wall hanging - just to brighten up the walls and make me smile.



This is one of my patterns "Summer Breeze" and instead of following the pattern regarding the yardage I used a charm pack, cut background fabric into 5" squares and came up with this 36x36 piece.


Had thought about giving this away, but I liked it so much decided its mine.

The original reason for even starting this was to refresh my memory on making "Summer Breeze" as I will be doing a demo at the next Strip Cub meeting on how to make EASY PINWHEELS and this pattern is perfect for just that.

Close up of the blocks:

Close up of the stitching - I was trying something new in the borders (need practice hehehehehe)

Heavy stitching like this makes a piece very stiff and cardboard feeling, even though it would have been a nice baby quilt its way too stiff for that - results:   I get a new wall hanging!!!!

No comments: