Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2015

I Have Another Sneek Peek

At sew day with the girls on Tuesday I worked on my string quilt and yesterday I finished the top.


Borders are added and now I'm adding a little extra touch just to change it up a bit.


I purchased these precut/fused appliques in Houston from the www.urbanelementz.com booth while I was there for the quilt festival last Oct.

At the time of purchase I thought I knew exactly what I was going to do with them and which quilt to add them to, and it wasn't this one.

The original plan just didn't look like I wanted so tucked them away for another day.

Yesterday was that day.

These are super cute and super easy to add to your quilt, the only error can come from the user (that would be me).

Its a good thing one of my good friends came over by chance and she helped me lay out the design.

Even better, she took it home to do the final hand applique stitch around.  I'M terrible at hand stitching and I'm not ashamed to admit it.  Each of us has a talent and believe me hand stitching is Not Mine!

Also finished up a quilt for customer - Tshirt memory quilt.  These are very popular to make for grieving families. (I know from experience).


She even put some on the backing.


Brr brr bitter cold again today - stay inside and sew - that's the plan.  ON What??? Are you kidding I have 2 projects in the works right now and a small customer quilt to do.

Not to mention my red and white could be quilted -

Sew happy sewing day   (one of these days I will surprise you with something other than sewing - wouldn't that be cool?)

No comments: