Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Log Cabin Endless Possibilities

Log Cabin blocks are a favorite of many quilters and there is no lack of ways to put a quilt together using this traditional block.

Curious I wanted to know when quilters first started using this pattern, and to my surprise its dated even farther back than what I had thought.

Found a great article on line http://www.womenfolk.com/quilt_pattern_history/logcabin.htm

Today I finished a quilt for one of my customers and she (like Kylee) used the log cabin block in a Trip Around The World pattern.



Free motion quilting swirls curls and feathers



Kylee was going to originally use this layout but chose her "modern" log cabin lay out instead.

Like I said there are endless possibilities using the Log Cabin Block.





No comments: