Search This Blog

Monday, September 15, 2014

Catching up Day

Had my fun day with the girls now its time to get serious and do some customer quilting.

Started one yesterday but my back gave me fits all day - so spent the late afternoon sitting and working on my knitting.

Finished this pretty fall quilt for customer this morning



This one has the most amazing colors in it - love it -  now I discovered in my rolls of pantos I have very few fall leaf designs - I did manage to find this one panto, actually "grape leaves" by Patricia Ritter  that worked out pretty well but I think I need to do some panto shopping.

I could have done my own free motion leaves but my leaves are more of heart shaped with a vein and I wanted something that looked more like a maple or oak and the grape gave me more of that look.

Candy (customer) is going to be displaying this at The Gathering Place in Milton at the end of this week.  Looking forward to seeing it hanging there.

In addition to finishing this quilt - I revealed the scarf from yesterday using "Solomon Seal" berries ( at least we think that is what the berries were)

No pics yet, just finished rinsing and washing and now its hanging to dry.  And yes I know I said I wouldn't show you each and every scarf I do but you really have to see how this one turned out - the colors and variations are just beautiful.

Today is one of those days where I have to catch up on so many projects, but most importantly is to load and finish the quilting on another customer quilt.

So while scarf is drying Im head back to the sewing room.  Catch you later with maybe more pics.

In other words to be continued..............................

No comments: