Search This Blog

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Scraps, Scraps and More Scraps


Even though Lizzie is not feeling well, that doesn't mean I will have nothing to do.

I always have something to do in my sewing room.  (should be cleaning again)

Instead of cleaning I'm making a mess, but its a fun mess

Look at what I can do when looking for scraps.  Keep in mind this is only 2 boxes of scraps, I have a drawer and cupboard with scraps too.

I wish I could be one of those organized people that can just keep everything tidy and find just the perfect piece of fabric with just opening up a neat box or cupboard and take just piece at a time.  Oh not that's not how I roll.

Instead I have rummage and pull and toss and shuffle and make a huge mess to find just the right combo of fabrics.  Then do it all over a gain. 

In fact one of these boxes was actually organized in neat little folded fabrics.  Ha, it didn't take me long at all to make it look like this.

Here's what I'm working on

Table toppers, will be making more.  Going to make quite a few to try selling at my booth in Edgerton.

Another project I have been working on and did a few this morning



These are little bags that can be used for traveling make up bags, or also used for traveling sewing bags. I made one for myself to carry my scissors, threads, needles, pins, bobbins, tape measure, and of course seam ripper when I go to sew days.

Making these also to sell at my booth and also putting in my daughters little shop she has in a craft store.

Now you can see why I tear apart boxes looking for scraps. 


No comments: