Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2012

Drunkards Path

Finished sewing the top of my new wall hanging this afternoon

Needs to be quilted and bound and then hung.



Fall colors are some of my favorite colors.  You cant go wrong with golds/reds/greens and oranges. At least that's my opinion.

I'm really lucky to have enough scraps and stash to put together pretty much anything I like as long as Im looking for a scrappy look.

Special  thanks to 2 of my quilters Liz and Peg.  They have been very generous to have given me some really wonderful pieces of scraps.

This wall hanging came from both of their contributions and a little of my own.

This pattern is one of my favorites and I think I have made 2 or even 3 quilts using this pattern.  I, however, do not have a Drunkards Path quilt.  Each time I finish one I give it away, but its a great pattern to use up scraps.

Last class someone asked if I could teach the Drunkards Path pattern, I will bring this to August class in Clinton and see if they would be interested in taking another class.

The Drunkards Path is one of those patterns you could make dozens of different blocks/quilts simply by changing the positions of the squares. There are also different techniques in the making of the block. My personal favorite is machine applique as opposed to sewing curves.

After finishing the wall hanging today, it was obvious I had to do some cleaning and straightening of my room.  I tend to just dive into scraps and toss and throw and pitch fabrics until I find the "one" I'm looking for, which results in one heck of mess of discarded fabrics.

For 2 days off and on I have spent a few hours making nice neat piles of fabrics, and I still have many more hours ahead of me to make more neat piles.

Each time I clean and straighten I promise myself I'm not going to destroy the neat piles ever again.  Oh sure, I have been known to break my promises especially the ones I make to myself.


















No comments: