Search This Blog

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Dresden Platter

I have it sewn together, and I'm liking it so far.

Now comes the hard part. How do I quilt this one.  The edges are finished and I don't want to put a binding on this, just leave the finished edges.   However, when I layer this with backing and batting that will leave a raw edge on the back.

It was suggested to me to tuck the batting into the points (good idea Darran) but that still leaves me with the backing with a raw edge.  Now I'm thinking, (just thinking) tuck the points, quilt it with excess backing, of course, then trim the backing back far enough to do a hand sewn edge as close to the points as possible.

No hurry on this, but it will bother me until I have it figured out.



As you know yesterday was my play day with Ky outside - here is the rhubarb she cut up and we packaged

That's a lot of rhubarb, and more growing.  Im guessing we got about 12 or more cups of rhubarb.

Today is family reunion day, and I made (what else)  a rhubarb cake.





No comments: