Search This Blog

Sunday, April 29, 2012

3 In 1

Because I have been getting behind I thought I would combine all I have been doing past few days in one post:




Starting with today. We went to Reedsburg to watch Emma in her gymnastics meet - This is State meet and I'm happy to say she took all over 3rd in her class.  I must admit though I am not up to going to many of these.  This poor old gma is stiff and sore from sitting on bleachers all afternoon, and Wayne he couldn't handle it at all so he missed all but her first round. He had to go and sit in the lunch room where the chairs were somewhat more comfortable.  I took many videos but this one turned out the best even though I had to keep trying to film around the guy in front.  He was actually working the meet so I couldn't yell at him to sit down.



Yesterday I managed to sew together some blocks that had sitting in my scrap drawer for "wheel chair" lap quilts going to be given to Long Term patients in Edgerton along with a table topper.  These, of course, still have to be quilted.  Sorted through the package of flip flop batiks and have them ready to send on to next quilter on the flip flop list.   Sorted through tshirts that I'm going to be making a tshirt memory quilt for my friend Sharon.  She lost her husband Joe a few weeks past. Getting these ready to start her quilt.

















Still working on the yard - which will be a never ending job this spring and summer.  But I think I'm gaining, LOL really I think its possible to keep the yard and flowers under a some what chaotic control.

Right now our biggest worry is finding a Crane in the pond.  Managed to chase it  out of there and Ky and Belle chased it out of the yard, but now the fish are in hiding.  I have only seen 2 since finding the Crane, and that was yesterday.  Even the 2 that are visible would not even come to the top to feed today.  Is it possible the crane came back today while we were gone.  I'm in great hopes that the fish are just buried deep into the bottom of the pond in the green moss/vegetation.

Keeping as close an eye on the pong as possible.   I am thinking we need a "motion" detector with lights and sirens.   It was suggested to me to put chicken wire over the opening for a while to see if that will keep them out and possible away forever.  Its something to think about.


No comments: