Search This Blog

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Plan B

Messing around placing more blocks, found out cant make the Hearts as planned. They look like they would work on the design wall, but when you sew them together, the bottom wont line up with the top and you wind up with a wonky looking Heart. Back to the drawing board.  I can get Hearts but not with this cutting. Will have to try something else.

So instead I spent most of the morning just moving pieces around and around and found a couple of different blocks.

the top pieces are a combination of gemstones and stepping stones

name yet to be determined





I have plenty of the turquoise and paisley to make a lap quilt, but the browns will become a wall hanging as this is all the paisley brown I have. 

Its just fun to mess around with pieces moving them in different positions to get a different look.

I am still working on the "pinwheels" but got bored even though I'm almost finished with it.  That's what happens when life interrupts. I have been looking at "pinwheels" for so long, it has become boring to me.  Once I finish it and quilt it, I'm sure I will love it again.

Lazy afternoon. Stacy came and put up my rods, and we hung living room drapes.  They look fine, but I noticed they really are looking pretty old.  Hmmmm sounds to me like I should plan a shopping day.

Haven't done much of anything else this afternoon.  I had such a productive day yesterday, why cant I do 2 days in a row.  I think it comes from watching Wayne do nothing.  He also had a productive day yesterday but today he didn't even get dressed. I did  manage to make some homemade chicken noodle soup, washed a load of laundry ( sigh boring ) sorted through some fabrics (fun stuff) worked on my patterns on the computer. 

My best work is done in the mornings, when it comes to sewing.  Every once in a while I will pop in and out of my sewing room off and on all day.  However, that was not the case today.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day and whats the rush?

Ky is coming tomorrow, so that should really be a fun day.  She hasnt been sewing with me since way before Christmas. I miss my sew days with my Ky.


1 comment:

lbowling said...

Love the two green paisley/turquoise squares on the right. They tie together nicely. Would love to see a pic with furthering them.......if you're not too pinwheeled out. Thanks for the pretty pics always.