Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pastel Colored Lightning Strike

Finally after months of procrastinating, and interruptions I have finally completed AND QUILTED the multi colored Lightning Strike quilt.

When I finished sewing the top, was not that happy with it, but now that its quilted, it looks a whole lot better.  Its just one of those quilts that has no personality (my opinion) until its quilted.



Just have to put on binding and its ready for my booth at the show Oct 22, Edgerton (just in case you forgot).  This is my quilt so I don't feel its necessary to do the hand sewn binding, I am going to do the machine binding on this quilt. 

Either I am getting lazy in my old age, or changing my mind, but since I started doing a few machine bindings, with a fancy stitch, I like the way they look.  If, however, I was entering in a judged show I would most definitely do a hand sewn binding.

Last night was the Edgerton quilt committee meeting and we are all set to go.  Turned in my tickets for raffles, donated 7 patterns for the raffle baskets. 

There must be other people procrastinating as well, as there aren't as many quilts entered as last year, so committee is extending the entry date to the last possible moment.  Which means a quilt could still be entered a day or 2 before the show as long as a phone call was made to the committee and setting a time to drop off your quilt(s).

Lets get those quilts entered!!!!!

2 comments:

TDJ said...

Good luck on your show, and getting everything ready. I love your Stepping Stones Pattern. I would love to purchase the pattern at some point.

Unknown said...

Thanks Tracy, you can order a pattern anytime, just let me know when you want it