Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Got My Jean Mode Back

This saying "Jean Mode" came from my friends on Connected Threadz.  Whenever anyone is putting in a full day of working, projects sewing whatever, they call it Jean Mode. Guess it was because I had been putting in so much time and effort getting ready for the quilt show that is seemed I was working non stop.

Monday I didn't have any mode, not even Jean Mode. I was totally worn out. Took the afternoon off and did nothing but watch movies.

Rested up I got my Mode back, and hit the sewing room bright and early today.




My scrap drawer is driving me nuts, and that's the first thing I thought about this morning, so decided to take one bag of strips and not stop until I had used all the strips up.


I watched a video not too long ago about Jelly Roll Races, speed strip sewing and did what they did.  Only my strips were not all the same size and width, so I used what ever was in the bag and and mitered another strip to it and continued doing so until I had one long strip.  Brought the end up to top and sewed that to the strip, getting to the bottom cut the end, and keep bringing up the bottom until the you have the size you want.  I made 6 15x15 squares.  Just the beginning of another scrappy quilt.  This strip sewing works so well, I am going to do another bag until its gone. Really uses a lot of scraps up which is my goal.

You can watch this video You Tube The Jelly Roll 1600 Quilt. Its is fun to watch.

After putting these strips and squares together, I loaded and started quilting a couch quilt for Alice. Almost done, but getting tired and I don't like quilting when I'm tired.  She is letting me practice my feathers again, and they take more time than just an overall pattern. 

Good thing I got my Mode back, bff brought me material to make another quilt for her and quilt it. Also, another friend brought a top to be quilted.

Love being busy!

No comments: