Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Feathers!!!!!

My first attempt at free hand feathers.

I was sweating bullets doing this quilt.  Been watching a video by: Lisa Calle showing how to do these.  Watched it about 6 times and thought, OK be fearless and give it a try.

The quilt is for Nettie, and she lets me practice new stitches on her quilts, bless her little heart.





Much more practice is needed, but for the first time, not too bad. At least I learned quite a bit from actually doing the feathers.  Maybe next time it will go easier for me.

I have stencils and pantographs to do these, but I really prefer free hand quilting.

When I finished the quilt, I was almost afraid to turn it over to see what the back looked like, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.    Not exactly quilt show quality, but for everyday use its fine.

Lets hope she likes it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty good feathers, first time or not!