Search This Blog

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Edgerton Quilt Show 2011

Well today has come and gone and I'm exhausted, but it was a great day all and all.

Kylee entered her 3 quilts and the won that took the most votes was her Neon scrappy

She was so excited all day. Many many women talked to her and told her how wonderful her quilts were. Some came to my booth to tell me what a great granddaughter I had. Such a sweet little girl and so talented. And Yes She Is.  She also bought a raffle ticket on a basket of yarn and she won that.  She said she did this to give to her step mom.  She thinks so much of her step mom Sarah. I thought that was really nice of her to think of  her with all the baskets that were raffled she chose the one for Sarah.

Like I said she is sweet.

I had a great day and my demonstration went a whole bunch better than I thought it would. Alice watched my booth during the demonstration and when I got back to her, she said she was overwhelmed as a good deal of the ladies in the demonstration came right to my booth to see and purchase some of my patterns.  They commented on how much they enjoyed my presentation. Whew, if you only knew how I was sweating over this.  I can talk quilting all day long with a few women, even teach it. but to talk in front of a group of strangers, was one of the hardest things I have ever done.

There were many beautiful quilts, and I am so proud to say I had 16 quilts in the show that I had quilted for others. Well I should say 11, because Ky and I had 7 between the 2 of us.





















4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for both of you!

Miss Hillbilly said...

You have every right to be proud!

Unknown said...

Thanks Tonya

Unknown said...

Donna I was so thrilled for Kylee, she had such a good time. This will encourage her to keep quilting.