Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Scrappy Shells and Sea Weed

I know today was supposed to be the day to show you Lazy Hourglass. Well it just didn't happen.  Did go to Loose Threads this morning and picked up the fabric necessary for borders.  Nettie, just couldn't make it before this weekend, so another delay, but coming soon.  Now have to sew on the borders and wait for the backing and batting, and then get it quilted and bound, so it sounds like another week before its finally finished.

In the meantime, I have several customer quilts that I need to get completed.  Let's not get so focused on new patterns we neglect our paying customers.

Soooooo I finished this scrappy quilt today.  I didn't want to do the same old meandering, so I mixed it up a little bit with what looks like the back of a sea shell for the outer border and for the blocks I did squiggly lines that look like sea weed. At least I think it looks like sea weed. Should have taken outside for pictures, but it is too sloppy wet in backyard, and didn't want to drape quilt over a wet railing.













Next, buying the backing and batting for 2 quilts that I am finishing for a gentleman customer. He told me he is 82, but I never would have guessed it. His wife passed away last year and he found 2 tops to be finished. I will be quilting, and doing the binding for him. He is giving these to their 2 sons. Awe, how nice he can pass something on to their sons from mom.




For now its time to pick up the house, vacuum the sewing room and get it all ready for the next project.

No comments: